fbpx

Digital Ad Agency Shares 3 Steps to Win at Facebook Marketing

Adelaide based digital agency Catalyst shares the secrets to running successful Facebook marketing campaigns.

Are you seeing businesses get millions of views and tonnes of engagement on Facebook, but you can’t seem to do the same?

A study by Facebook showed that two-thirds of its users visit a local business’s Facebook Page at least once a week. So, if your business isn’t reaching people on Facebook, it is not because the traffic isn’t there. It’s because you aren’t tapping into the right audience, or there’s something going wrong with your ads or content.

We’ve helped hundreds of local businesses in Adelaide, and all around Australia, turn their Facebook pages into bustling marketplaces and the 24/7 digital sales agents we all wish we had. And In this post we’ll share that info, to get you up to speed on successful Facebook marketing.

1. Select Your Audience

There are more than 1.5 billion Facebook users in the world. You only need to reach a small handful of them. Don’t cast too wide a net because the fishes will swim through the gaps. Digital marketing is targeted and personalised. Or at least it’s supposed to be. Before you run a single Facebook ad or join a single Facebook group, you need to identify your target audience.

Do you know who buys your stuff? Or do you just think that you do?

What is the age group of your average consumer? Where do they live? Which category of Facebook content are they interested in? Getting the answers to these questions can help you to choose a more specific target audience, which will increase the conversion rate of your ads.

If your business already has an active Facebook page, you can take a look at Facebook Audience Insight. It will give you a lot of data about the type of audience your business page is currently attracting. These insights will help you to make better decisions about who to target through your Facebook ads.

2. Plan your Facebook Content Strategy and Ad Campaigns 

Now that you’ve got your target audience, it’s time to create those engaging posts.

Initially the content you post might not get you the results you’re after. But it will help you to understand what works and what doesn’t.

You’ll need to be in a continuous loop of posting, testing and iterating. This will help you find out what type of content works with your target audience.

When you first start, you don’t have any data.

To effectively analyse, test and improve your campaigns, you need a strong signal on your customer, which is just another way of saying you need a way to see and measure how the customer is interacting with your page, your site, your videos, your whatever.

This signal might come from Facebook’s analytics tools, or it might come from some other 3rd party tool that monitors how your prospects engage with your site.

The gist is, you first make an educated guess about who your customer is, and then do a tonne of research to try to confirm or contradict your suspicions. Research leads to discovery, then you implement your discoveries by continuing to make incremental changes. Finally you measure the outcomes of those changes until you know what works and what doesn’t.

Rinse and repeat.


When it comes to what type of content you should be posting, we recommend using the “80-20rule. It means that 80% of your Facebook posts and ads will be to inform, educate, and entertain. The other 20% will be to promote your brand.

This is a good rule for creating engagement and building a relationship with your audience. Not every single post or ad has to be about how great your brand is. Your content should aim to create value for its audience. So that when you do promote your products or services, 20% of the time, your audience will be more open-minded to hearing about them.

3. Choose Your Ad Category

You don’t want your ad to appear between random videos and posts on Facebook. You’ll want to make your ad show up alongside the content your target audience consumes. And the ad needs to feel relevant to the prospect’s interest. Facebook allows you to choose different categories and subcategories for your ad.

But remember that it’s not an open invitation for you to choose all available categories. Do a lot of research on your consumers. Try to identify which categories they might be interested in. This will help you to target your ad towards the most relevant audiences.

Start Facebook advertising today with Adelaide Digital Agency

Marketing Catalyst can help you to create effective Facebook ads that draw the attention of prospects and deliver them to you as customers. We are a digital marketing agency in Adelaide that specialises in high-quality digital marketing services.

Contact us today for a free consultation.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin